FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Best-selling Information Technology Author Releases The Ultimate Guide to the SDLC
RALEIGH, North Carolina, November 12, 2013 — Recession-related budget cuts, layoffs and hiring freezes, coupled with offshore outsourcing, have heightened the need for IT organizations to have well-tested, documented, repeatable and measurable system development practices and procedures. A well-crafted, institutionalized Systems Development Life Cycle, or SDLC, can reduce rework, improve project success rates and produce considerable cost savings for any IT organization. Projects that meet, and oftentimes exceed, stakeholder expectations are routinely delivered on time and within budget with a strong SDLC.
The Ultimate Guide to the SDLC, (FontLife Publications), is a complete and ready-to-adapt, best-practice fueled, hybrid Systems Development Life Cycle that can be used for any project life cycle in any industry.
Victor M. Font Jr., the author, has been in IT for almost 30 years. (https://victorfont.com/) Starting in computer retail, he worked his way up to application programmer, consultant, corporate manager, director, and CIO/COO. Font said, “Almost 2-years’ of research and contributions from some of the foremost IT thought leaders have gone into the development of this resource. If you were to hire a consultant to bring to your organization what this book delivers, you could easily spend $500,000 or more in today’s marketplace fees.”
Contributors providing thought leadership, input or materials to include either in the book or accompanying 60Mb of downloadable materials include:
- Kara Joiner, Director Client Solutions, Implementation Management Associates (IMA)
- Jacqueline Hansson, IEEE Intellectual Property Rights Coordinator
- John Petlicki, DePaul University’s College of Computing and Digital Media
- Dr. Barry W. Boehm, TRW Professor of Software Engineering, Computer Science Department Director, USC Center for Software Engineering
- Arnold George, IABG
- Germany’s Federal Office of the Bundeswehr for Information Management and Information Technology and the Federal Ministry of the Interior
- Dr. Kevin Forsberg and Harold Mooz, Co-Principals for the Center for Systems Management
- Jo Ann Lane, Principal at the University of Southern California Center for Systems and Software Engineering
- Craig Larman and Bas Vodde, The Lean Primer
- Keith Ellis, Vice President Marketing & Strategic Alliances, IAG Consulting
- Mike Buckley, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Topics covered in The Ultimate Guide to the SDLC include:
- Organizational Change Management and the SDLC (Accelerated Implementation Methodology)
- IT Governance and the SDLC
- System Development Models (12 Waterfall and Agile methods compared and synthesized for best practices)
- Requirements Maturity, IT Governance & Planning
- Requirements Elicitation (Based on Business Analysis Body of Knowledge)
- Requirements Documentation & Quality
- Requirements Analysis, Inspection & Tracing
- Design & Development
- Pre-Implementation Activities and Artifacts
- Quality Assurance & Implementation
- Continuous Improvement (Includes over 30 starter metrics)
About FontLife Publications
FontLife Publications is a family-owned publishing organization with a passion for discovering unknown authors. They provide self-publishing, editorial, marketing, education and web development / e-commerce services for the Christian, Inspirational, Technology, Business, Children, and Leadership genres. For more details, visit https://fontlifepublications.com/.
Victor M. Font Jr.
# # #